How to prevent skidding on slippery roads
Winter weather is unpredictable, and roads filled with ice, slush and snow can be a hazard. Here are some tips to help you stay in control of your vehicle.
- Invest in a set of high-quality winter tires that will provide great traction on the road in a variety of weather conditions.
- Slow down to shorten your braking distance. Doing so will give you a few extra seconds to react if something unexpected happens.
- Keep a safe following distance between you and other motorists. This will give you more time to react and avoid a collision. You should maintain at least a six-second following distance between you and the car in front of you.
- Stay focused on the road and avoid distractions. This will ensure you can quickly react to any surprises.
- Ease off the throttle if you feel that you are slipping and keep your eyes focused on where you want to go.
Do you need new tires or rims for your vehicle? If so, visit your nearest Mister Muffler for high-quality products and expert advice.